application fees and associated costs

The table below lists all the potential fees for application with the College. Not all the fees listed apply to each applicant. Fees charged directly by the College are outlined in our By-Law #2: Fees

All fees must be paid in Canadian dollars.
  • During the Covide-19 pandemic, the College will only be accepting payments via credit card (Visa and Mastercard in CAD). 
  • Credit cards must be in Canadian currency; debit cards are not accepted.
  • Prepaid credit cards (including those provided by Visa or Mastercard) are not accepted by our payment system and using them may cause processing delays.
Application Fee 

 Mandatory for all applicants (non-refundable) 

Assessment Fees

 1. Credential Assessment
  • Academic Equivalency Assessment Fee for applicants who have completed non-accredited academic.
  • Practical Training Assessment Fee for applicants who have completed non-accredited (including self-directed) practical training.
 2. Upgrading Assessment for Submission of Continuing Competence Portfolio
  • For applicants who completed their academic  and practical training more than 3 years ago.
  • For former dietitians  who have not been practising dietetics as a member of a regulatory body in the past 3 years.



Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE) Fee


Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition/Competency Assessment fees
  1. Application to write the Knowledge and Competency Assessment Tool (KCAT)
  2. KCAT Registration Fee
  3. Practice-Based Assessment



The following is a list of other documents or assessments  applicants  may be   required to pay.  These fees are not collected by the Collage. They are listed  here because they may contribute to   the overall costs that an applicant must   pay to register with the College.

  • Transcripts - Applicants are responsible for arranging to have original transcripts sent directly from their university to the College.

  • Assessment of the Academic level of degree. If your degree was completed outside of Canada or the US, you must have the degree assessed through the World Education Service (WES). This service will determine whether your degree(s) is equivalent in level to an undergraduate degree in Canada.

  • Translation - You are responsible to arrange for the translation of any documents that are not in English or French.

  • Language Assessment - If your language of instruction was not English or French and you must provide proof of language proficiency, you are responsible for the cost of any language proficiency test. 

For membership fees and associated costs, click here.